Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hello from cold but sunny Northwich!

Its a beautiful day today but a bit cold and frosty, so it's slippy on the bridge between here and town so we all need to be careful today!





Anthony O'Sullivan has just wandered in to join us while he's waiting for his tai chi class and has been busy this week cooking his own dinners - mashed potatoes are his favourite!






Derek Powell - "I had a busy week - I went to the Lifestyle Centre in Winsford on Sunday to a table top sale where my brother in law got quite a few bargains, boots and things. It was very busy, we looked round the shops too. The best thing on TV last week was Total Wipeout on Saturday, the best bit was where they try and get over the big red balls - one of them made it over. On Tuesday I went to the Dingle Centre in Winsford for lunch and had a lovely meat pie, then rhubarb sponge and custard. The staff there are all nice and I would recommend giving it a go as its very good value."





Barry Williams - "I've got a new truck with me, one I had for Christmas, a James C.C. Ferguson one. We've looked them up on the internet and we saw one with highland cattle and a bagpiper on it. On my truck there's the same picture. I'm looking forward to Ice Road Truckers which starts again on Friday on Channel 5- everyone should watch it! There are lots of best bits but I like them all being on the ice. I've been watching a programme about Eddie Stobbart trucks and trailers too. This week at home I had a lovely tea one night as well - roast duck - its nicer than turkey. We had roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, carrots and sprouts too - it was very nice, thanks to Hannah who cooked it."


Rae Williams - "I went to Northwich Memorial Hall yesterday with Chris my companion, and Dave too who was shadowing. Dave used to drive lorries. We went for dinner and had potatoes. brocolli and carrots and a drink with ice in. I'd recommend dinner there, it was nice. I bought two Eddie Cochoran cds too - my favourite song is Aint no Cure for the Summertime Blues. We wandered round the shops too and had a cup of tea upstairs in the market. The weather was nice. And thats its from me!"

So its goodnight from Rae, and its goodnight/day from all of us for this week! But watch out for Ricky's post coming up now!

No comments:

Followers