Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

peter edwards' judo heroes






I went to Jersey to a sports tournament to take part in lots of different sports last year. They had two martial arts there, one was judo and one was karate. The judo was best as it has the element of suprise and helps you to disarm your attackers. A master and some of his pupils from Warrington did a display. One of the pupils had cerebral palsy and was in a wheelchair and he was good at judo so everyone can get involved. On the last day I joined in with the exercises they did, I really enjoyed it. I'm going to do some research as to what martial arts clubs are around in this area for a report for our newsletter Hot Gossip over the next few weeks. I was also at Wilf's drop in the week before last when Chris Bebbington's son Mark did a display of an English martial art - boxing. It was really good to watch and we had a go afterwards doing some of the moves - I had gloves on and hit a pad that Chris held up. I know there's a karate clun in Weaverham, maybe we should invite them to the drop in too one day.

No comments:

Followers