Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010



Old Fire Station News - 2nd June 2010




More Swimming Medals!

Following on from last week’s story about our swimmer Emma Calvert, we can now bring you an exclusive photo of Mr Peter Edwards who also bought in his medals to show us – well done Peter!




_________________________________________________________________


Many of our service users also go out to work - here we have a special report on
'My Day at Work' - By Karen Morrey.

I work for the Facilities Team at Cheshire West and Chester Council, at Wyvern House in Winsford on Monday and Thursday mornings.

At work, I organise mail outs, making sure that customers get letters about the latest events, I also shred confidential waste, collect all the office recycling and help out with anything else that needs doing,. This might be things like labelling posters and flyers for shows – I keep really busy.

I love going to work because I like helping out and the people at the office are now my friends, especially Bernie (who organises everything) and my line manager Phil. And I like pay day too!

The team Karen works with love having her in the office, they say “she keeps us all up to date with the latest goings on in the soaps, and tells us funny jokes.”

In her spare time, Karen loves knitting nancy and latch hooking, writing, going out to restaurants and watching soaps. Below is a lovely picture of a rug that Karen has made, along with a picture of Karen.





___________________________________________________________________


We also have a special report on The Beauty Group this week, by Tracy Radcliffe and Jane Cooke

On Wednesday afternoons the Beauty Group heads off to Hartford College on the bus to visit the beauty salon there. The salon is very nice, with relaxing music, and lovely friendly staff. Last Wedensday, Tracy, Annie and Karen all had a lovely facial.

Tracy said “I lay on a comfy couch, like a bed, and was wrapped up in lovely blankets and towels for my facial. I had lots of nice creams massaged on to my face; it felt soft, and I really enjoyed it.”

Jane, Nicola and Jackie all had a beautiful manicure. Jane chose a lovely red colour on her nails, and said “it was nice, and very relaxing and my nails looked fab!”
________________________________________________________________

Coming up on the BLOG next week, are special features on Barry’s day trip to Frodsham, and articles from our reporters Jamie on our new aqua fit class, and Patsy about her bowling group – watch this space!




































No comments:

Followers